Pages

Sunday 23 October 2016

Skegness Log: 2016-10-23 (MW: South & East Asia)

 963 1700 TWN BCC Country Network, New Taipei City/Panchiao (TP) Top of the hour jingle
              V weak  9643 km

1017 1700 TWN BCC Country Network, Hsinchu (HC) Top of the hour jingle V weak  9628 km
 765 1708 IND AIR South Dharwad, Dharwad A (KA) Percussive track, as 747 Fair  7626 km **
 747 1725 IND AIR North Lucknow, Lucknow A (UP) Thanks to Simon Beavan in South Wales
              for the tip. YL ID in news bulletin, then full ID - This broadcast came to
              you from the studios of All India Radio, Delhi. Fair  7047 km **


** Personal First

Indian MW stations have been on my 'to do' list for a number of years and I did not expect to hear much. I wouldn't have known anything about 747, above, had it not been for the alert from Simon Beavan in South Wales, so it's all thanks to him. When I heard the strength of this signal, I couldn't help but wonder why I've never heard this signal before. I've often looked for it. But that's the attraction of this amazing hobby. Video here: https://youtu.be/zBiVDDoL1SU

I am very much behind with loggings again so it's yet another instance of me playing catch-up. I am typing this on the 26th and I can report hearing more Indian transmitters on MW during the late afternoon of the 25-10-16. This time, it's all thanks to an alert from Paul Logan in Northern Ireland. I would have missed these completely had it not been for his report to the Yahoo group. I had written off the 25th as a dead loss due to the geomagnetic disturbance, but I had only checked the tops of the hours. When I did a quick check around 1715, the time Paul heard India on several frequencies, I heard quite a few transmitters myself. So I need to check this recording more thoroughly, but I will be away from the radio for long periods for the next day or two so I can't devote much time to checking the recordings, however, if anybody still has files from the late afternoon of the 25th, it should be worth checking them. My hard drives are all full too, so I am quite stuffed for the time being.

Good DX!

John Faulkner, Skegness, Lincolnshire (JO03dd) 1m ASL
Blog: http://skegnessdx.blogspot.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/g1vvp
Vimeo Channel: https://vimeo.com/skegnessdx

Receiver: Perseus SDR Receiver
Software: Jaguar Big Cat
Antenna:  Movable 10ft x 25ft flag
Amplifier: G3PQA 17dB low noise pre-amp

No comments:

Post a Comment