Pages

Saturday 1 June 2013

Reception of Q Music while driving around Skegness Town Centre

Following the inspirational videos of Peter in Blackpool I decided to go to visit my usual beach car park and make a video of me tuning across the band using the Blaupunkt Nashville and my home brew quarter wave. Unfortunately, I couldn't get to my preferred space in the car park and ended up in a dead zone.

Conditions were pretty average too, so when I drove back home I had the idea to record a continental station while I was driving through town to demonstrate typical continental reception on the Lincolnshire coast.

It might not be much of a video but I learnt a few things along the way, such as discovering entire streets where there is so much noise across band 2 that DX listening at these locations must be impossible. Grosvenor Road was particularly bad, as was one part of Lincoln Road near the hospital.

The main shopping street was also bad for reception, probably because of the extra bricks and mortar.

Oh well, if you've never been to Skegness before, this will show you what some of the town centre is like. Shame about the poor light and the bumpy roads. It's not as slick as Peter's video but I hope it's of interest to somebody.



100.7 Q Music, Ijsselstein in Skegness!

In view of the popularity of this type of video on YouTube I might record a few more of these in the near future.

Cheers!

John

No comments:

Post a Comment