Pages

Sunday 3 July 2016

Flag Time 2016!

Making an early start this year. A  new coax and a new flag is going up in the front garden.

There are a few things I would like to experiment with as I construct the new flag over the next few days: Matching transformers; Flag size; Making the flag properly mobile; etc.

I have some minor adjustments to make to the balun since I am using RG6 on the feed this time.

I also have a flag pre-amp this year, thanks to John G3PQA, who kindly constructed one for me. It has a similar function to the popular RPA-1, but has slightly higher gain while maintaining a good, low noise figure..

Stage one today saw the routing of the new coax (next to the compost heap). As with everything these days, it all takes time. Frequent rain showers have prevented me from doing this last week. My plan is to have this up and running with all tests complete by the end of the week. As if! :O)

Feeding the new coax through the wall next to the compost pile

New flag coax pushed though wall with metal rod,
just below the c
ables for my FM antenna and rotator

No comments:

Post a Comment