Pages

Monday 5 May 2014

Recent DX Videos

Here are some video grabs of scatter propagation from the last few days. These were recorded with CamStudio - software I am still having problems with. It will suddenly stop recording for no apparent reason. When it does this, it won't automatically save what has just been recorded and truncates it to the first few seconds. Other times I have been able to record as much as three hours worth of video.

CamStudio does have some very useful features though, so I will keep using it for a while at least.

YouTube have done the usual thing of blocking some of the audio, and even some of the video, giving their usual messages: "Matched third-party content"; "Audio muted due to claim"; "Video blocked in some countries". Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do about this.

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

2 comments:

  1. Dear John
    Very interesting stuff. That you can hear stations with 5 dbf is tremendous.
    gerard pe1bbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gerard.

    This location is very quiet, mostly. There is some noise to the south, which varies from 10 to 20 dBf. Occasionally I hear this noise when I am beaming to the east, but all other directions are quiet. The noise to the south also goes off from time to time. My take-off is good between north-east to south-east and this is where my band is quieter.

    73

    John

    ReplyDelete