Pages

Thursday 4 July 2013

Skegness Log: 04-07-13 (FM)

Meteor Scatter:
 87.7 1057 ALG Radio Chlef, Aïn N'sour (48) Arabic song, as web. Long burst  1913km
**

 ** Personal Skegness 'First' via this mode.


Hey - somebody switched off the Es! Where did they go? Good to see there have been some on the other side of the Atlantic today though.

The highlight for me today (the only thing I logged) happened at local midday. I was adding something to my blog at the time and the KT6040 was tuned to 87.7. I think I had forgotten it was quietly playing away to itself in the background when I suddenly heard a slow Arabic song via meteor scatter. It was a fairly lengthy burst, lasting ten seconds or so. I guessed Radio Chlef for some reason and quickly loaded up their web stream to find the very same song playing. I think this is my furthest meteor scatter to date at 1913 km. The signal was very weak, but almost noise free.

Come on Es. Let's have you back!

One recording this time - this is how Swindon 105.5 sounded during the early hours of this morning:

105.5 Swindon 105, Swindon Football Stadium 2320 03-07-13
https://www.box.com/s/280pm1hu54jx4mrtbf9k

I sent them an email last night to tell them about my reception but they haven't replied so far.


Good DX!

John, Skegness, Lincolnshire (JO03dd) 1.7m (5'9") ASL. Ref. Google Altitude Maps
Website: skegnessdx.blogspot.co.uk

Personal All Time VHF Logbooks: https://sites.google.com/site/skegnessdx/vhf-band-2-logs
VHF Band 2 DX Recordings: https://sites.google.com/site/skegnessdx/skegness-vhf-band-2-fm-dx-recordings

Receivers:
Sony XDR-F1HD (tropospheric)
Kenwood KT6040 (sporadic E & meteor scatter)
Icom IC7000 (OIRT)
Conrad RDS Manager

Aerials:
Rooftop Körner 9.2, 8m AGL www.box.com/s/h1a5z3bu94vppln3zsfn
Yaesu G-5500 azimuthal/elevation rotator

Software:
RDS Spy v1.00r2 www.rdsspy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment