Pages

Tuesday 23 February 2016

Skegness Log: 2016-02-23 (MW)

 972 1700 KOR HLCA KBS Hanminjok Bangsong 1, Dangjin (ccg) Time signal and jingle.
              YL and OM IDs Weak  8740 km

1269 1700 CHN China Radio Int./Voice of Russia, Xuanwei/SARFT726 (YN) CRI interval
              signal down in noise Vweak  8561 km

 972 1800 TJK VOA Radio Aap Ki Dunyaa, Orzu (ktl) English ID - "Voice Of America,
              Washington DC", mixing Dangjin Weak  5398 km **


** Personal First (Skegness)

First time I've heard the Voice of America on 972. I guess this transmitter is beaming south into Afghanistan. It got me wondering who the likely Afghan suspects are these days? I'm sure there is one which sometimes  gets through to the UK.

Also in that general area, I pondered about Pakistani possibilities. If it's only 1008 then I'll have to wait another year or two to go for that one. I had them on 1008 in the 80s when the Netherlands used to sign off for the night. They would appear at local sign-on midwinter around 0100. Nostalgia!

Good DX!

John Faulkner, Skegness, Lincolnshire (JO03dd) 1m ASL
Blog: http://skegnessdx.blogspot.com

Receiver: Elad FDM-S2 SDR Receiver
Antenna:  Movable 10ft x 25ft flag (home) Various Beverage antennas 'on location' in rural Lincolnshire.

No comments:

Post a Comment