Pages

Saturday 19 April 2014

105.4 MHz - Sudtirol 1 Reception via April Lyrids


This was completely unexpected. But then, meteor scatter largely is. You have to be patient and it's pot luck with what comes through. Occasionally you might be lucky and catch a real gem. That's what happened today at 06:16 GMT when a FIFTEEN second burst appeared while I was tuned to 105.4. I happened to be recording the frequency when the signal appeared, and there was even a vocal identification by the male presenter!

Once again, had it not been for W4WDX, who heard my clip, I don't think I would have realised that this was an Italian station in the north-east of Italy. I just assumed it might have been Austria, but there was no station listed with the name "Sud Tirol Eins".

Here is a recording, as it happened. Note the identification seven seconds into this recording. W4WDS has translated to English:

Click here to listen to the recording

German: "Das ist ihr neuer Hit, der sicher bald schon die Südtirol 1 Charts erstürmen wird."
English: "This is their new hit, which is going to storm the Südtirol 1 Charts soon."

Good DX!

John

No comments:

Post a Comment